Pioneer Elite 45tx question concerning the RS-232 port...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by James USAF, Dec 31, 2003.

1. James USAF

James USAF Agent

can that that port be used to control the 45tx using a computer? Could have sworn I saw somewhere software available allowing you to hook your computer up to the 45tx.

Someone please enlighten me on this port...and what exactly it can or can not be used for.

2. Yeoh Wee Nam

Yeoh Wee Nam Auditioning

test

3. Yeoh Wee Nam

Yeoh Wee Nam Auditioning

Yes, the RS232 port is for the control of your receiver either using a computer or Crestron or AMX control system.

4. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

Hmmmm, I have a Sony laptop just sitting around collecting dust. Does anyone know the software that can be used to control the 45TX? Specs on the laptop are pretty good, so it should be able to handle it. Thanks.

5. James USAF

James USAF Agent

ok...is there any known software for a computer that can control the 45tx? :b

[​IMG]

6. Yeoh Wee Nam

Yeoh Wee Nam Auditioning

No special software, you only need to use your hyperterminal comes with Windows to control your device, but the RS232 port is not built for this purposes(to control by a computer, if you can control by a IR remote, why you want to control using computer), the RS232 is built for the purposes if you want your system to be integrated with AV control system, all players and receiver amp. are control and operated with a touchpanel.

7. James USAF

James USAF Agent

thank you Yeoh Wee Nam...you answered it perfectly. Thought maybe I could use my notebook for something else besides of work and the internet. [​IMG]