What's new

Pioneer Elite 36TX - will it convert signals? (1 Viewer)

Chuck Paskovics

Stunt Coordinator
I'm probably going to get a tv in the near future that will support composite inputs. So far my DVD player and my Pioneer receiver have them. My sat box (s-video) and vcr (component) do not. Does anyone know if those signals will be converted after I run them through my receiver or am I stuck using the lowest video signal I have (currently my vcr is the only one that has only component outputs). I know it won't convert the s-video signal, I alread tried that and it would not pick up the picture from the vcr.

RobertSchaez

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to guess that you mean your DVD player and receiver have Component Video connections and your VCR is composite, not the other way around. Unless your receiver actually converts composite and S-Video to Component Video, you must have cables for each type. Other than that, I'm not sure I completely understand your question.

Chuck Paskovics

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, you are right, I got confused and stated it backwards.

My vcr only has composite video jacks.
My DSS receiver has composite and S-video.

The dvd has component out
The receiver has component in for the dvd and tv and out to tv.

My question was if I hook my vcr and dss receiver to my Pioneer receiver via composite or s-video, and hook my pioneer receiver to my tv via component, will I still get a signal from the vcr/dss?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Since your DVD is the only one that has component, there is NO reason to loop it through the receiver, in fact, if your TV has enough inputs, there is no reason to involve your receiver at all. For the others, you can get a composite to S-vid adapter fairly inexpensive to make them both S-vid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks