Pioneer Dvl-909 Service Help

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JoanPablo_T, Jun 5, 2003.

1. JoanPablo_T

JoanPablo_T Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys, I am having an issue with a Pioneer DVL-909 DVD/LD combo. The unit does not do anything and all I get is a steady blinking Blue light. Does anyone have any idea of what the light means is wrong, or does anyone have access to the service manul. I was on Pioneer's website, but really didn't feel $53 dollars was a reasonable price for a service manual from them. And all they have is hard copy as opposed to a PDF or fax form.

Thanks to all

JP

2. Lucas Dang

Lucas Dang Stunt Coordinator

I have this unit. never had that problem, try plugging it in and unplugging the power cord while its on, also try unplugging the power cord completely for 24 hours.

I have had mine for nearly 5 years, plays without a flaw, blue blinking is associated with loading. is there a disc stuck in it, you can try opening its cover, its fairly safe. I have done this many times to do some hacking on the board. Stable and steady unit, no real fragile parts inside as long as you are careful. One time I was soldering on the board inside and the solder pen leaned up against a bunch of wires, I almost toasted them.

It would be more helpful for the form members if you describe in more detail. Did you just get this unit, did it work before, is the drawer opening, does the remote work.

3. JoanPablo_T

JoanPablo_T Stunt Coordinator

thanks for the info Lucas. The unit did work fine, it doesn't open/move-nothing. Just the blue light blinking. I have done minor repair on LD players in the past related to mechanical failures, but with the fact this one isn't even moving, it kinda of a bummer.

JP