Pioneer DVL-909 DTS Conversion

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Dho, Jul 28, 2002.

1. John Dho

John Dho Auditioning

I'm looking for instructions to convert the Pioneer DVL-909 Combo player to DVD DTS sound output. I found basic instructions on the web, but they are less than detailed and are missing illustrations.

Can anyone assist with additional information? Better yet is your personal experience with a 909 conversion . . . How difficult was it? Were you successful? How is the sound quality? Any other problems?

Thanks to one and all for any information or advice.

. . . John

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This is the only page I know of that has the instructions, but they seem coherent enough.
    http://www.spies.com/~sairam/pioneer909/909-91eng.html
    It's just a matter of making sure you don't unplug something as you get to the circuit board to solder/replace 2 resistors.
    And no, I've been too chicken to do the mod on my 909. [​IMG]

3. Matt AFA

Matt AFA Extra

I did the mod to mine a few years ago with great success. If I remember correctly, the 909 shared many similarities with the Elite 91. By doing this mod, you were merely enabling it to do the functions of the 91. The two circuit changes is a snap. Once you do that, popping in a DTS disc is simple. I think you just go to the Pioneer menu and change the new DTS option to digital. The hard part is changing zones for discs. I have the directions around for that somewhere.