What's new

Pioneer DVDA/SACD Player - no output with new DVDA (1 Viewer)

JimIroc

Agent
Has anybody run into a situation where a particular DVDA does not play properly?

I just bought a Steeley Dan DVDA and tried to play it. The menus and all associated screen data seems to be fine, and when I play a song, I can see the timer going on the DVD player, but I get no sound at all. I tried the cd upstairs in my regular DVD player, and it seems to play just fine. Is it possible that there is a problem specifically with the high resolution DVDA audio tracks?

What confuses me is that it is apparently playing, with the time display counting away as you would expect, but I get absolutely no output.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Are you using the multi-channel analog outputs (six cables) connected to your receiver's multi-channel analog inputs? This is the ONLY way to access the high-resolution sound.

JimIroc

Agent
Yes, it's connected to my receiver, and yes, I'm using the 5.1 analog outputs.

Thanks for the firmware link. It looks like I've got some reading to do.

Maybe the firmware upgrade will help it sync better with my NAD receiver too. Half the time I have to turn off the digital output, then turn it back on for the damned receiver to recognize it. :frowning:

JimIroc

Agent
quote from a highfidelityreview.com article that was linked to in the link provided above:

Guess that explains it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks