Pioneer DVD DV-525

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JonDW, Jul 23, 2002.

1. JonDW

JonDW Auditioning

Jul 8, 2002
    i have a pioneer dvd player and have been very impressed at its usefulness and performance, but as of late i have become a little won't read back any audio cd's. i have no problems playing any dvd's at all, nor have i ever...i hadn't had a problem until recently about playing audio cd's...whether it is a regular cd or a cdr it comes up no there anything i can do that might fix the problem? anything short of taking it to a service or buying a new player? any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks for your time.
  2. Gary Kellerman

Gary Kellerman Stunt Coordinator

Jul 30, 1999
    My brother has this machine so I have had the opportunity to fool with it to a small degree. Your problem is interesting because it is the first type of this problem that I have read. I am not a technician but here is my theory.

This player along with many other brands use a DUAL LASER PICK-UP; one for CDs and the other for DVDs. The only thing I could think of is that laser for the CDs has kicked the bucket. Perhaps contacting Pioneer might give you the answer you are looking for.
  3. Leon Liew

Leon Liew Stunt Coordinator

Oct 23, 2001
    I too have the DV525 for 3 years now. I must say,and have
    mentioned numerous times on this forum that it is a very
    reliable piece of appliance from Pioneer. That's why I have
    been bypassing the urge to upgrade to new models with
    progressive scan,playing SACD and what have you.

I only make use of it's main function and that is strictly
    for DVD viewing. For CDs I have a separate CD player,in this
    way the Pioneer is not overworked. I quite often clean it with lens cleaner and hopefully it will last me a couple
    more years.

Perhaps you should send yours for a checkup JonDW, I would.