What's new

Pioneer DV45A or new DV563A for my bedroom?? (1 Viewer)

James R. Geib

Stunt Coordinator
I want a cheap universal for my bedroom which can play all of my CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and DVD discs. These seem to be two of the cheapest able to play all formats. Any comments on either, or are there any other recommendations for another inexpensive universal player??

At about $179 the 563A seems like a good deal so long as the sound and picture don't completely suck.

thanks for comments,

James

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
There is a wealth of data available for the 45A, but no one has touched a 563A yet.

The 45A does some things well, other things not so well (search here for 45A, and then plan to spend a few hours reading!). It has shortcomings in both audio (fixable with an ICBM) and video (not fixable).

Having learned my lesson on the 45A (which BTW, I do like a lot) I am going to sit on my hands until there is a group of users out there reporting their experience with ANY new universal player I may be considering, AND it has been tested at Secrets.

BGL

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, missed your 2nd question.

I don't know that there IS a universal changer, universal meaning that it will play DVD-A, SACD, abd DVD-V. I could well be wrong about that, but I have not seen any talk of such a player.

Most current discussion is about the Denon 2900, and then a while back the Pioneer 45A or 47Ai.

BGL

James R. Geib

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Brian,

I may just have to be a Guinea pig and buy the 563A to try it out. For the price, the performance is probably not top-notch, but I can always return it. I'll be sure and post my impressions if I go that route.

James

ChadLB

Screenwriter
James,
I would like to do a side by side comparison if I can get my local dealer to let me do it...we will have to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks