What's new

Pioneer DV340 or Toshiba SD2800 buying today, advice welcome (1 Viewer)

ShaneH

Stunt Coordinator
My friend is buying a dvd player for his girlfriend, I am out of the loop when it comes to the newer models.
Pioneer DV340 $190 Canadian funds
Toshiba SD2800 $219 or
Toshiba SD412V $229 future shop exclusive ?

which dvd player would you choose. Thx for the help

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure they're all fine. But I bought an SD-2800 for the bedroom set-up. Works nicely. Good images through S-video and component-video. Received a DVD recently that had arrived loose, disattached from the retaining spindle. I had been waiting for it for a long time, and was eager to give it a spin before returning it to the vendor.

Now, the disc was very, very badly scratched--all over the playing surface. I've never, in fact, played a disc even lightly scratched, much less one that was basically covered with the things.

The 2800 loaded, read, and played this damaged disc without a hiccup. I was impressed.

Only caveats I can think of are that the drive motor is a tad noisy, and that discs are warm to the touch upon removing them after playing.

Otherwise, fine little, trouble-free machine.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Shane, as I said, I have never seen a Pioneer '340 in the US. Check with your source again just to be sure what exactly you are being offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks