Pioneer DV-S733A and DV-47A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Haru, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Haru

Haru Stunt Coordinator

I am considering buying and importing a Pioneer DV-S733A. it is the same machine, as I understand, as the DV-47A except if bought in certain markets, it will play DVDs from all zones, and will also play NTSC and PAL discs on either type of display.

like the 47, it is an SACD and DVD-Audio unit. the thing I am concerned about is the chroma bug. if the 47 has it, the S733A will likely too.

you guys have any thoughts offer?

2. Sanjay Gupta

Sanjay Gupta Supporting Actor

Sanjay Gupta
    The 'Asian' DV-S733A is most certainly not the same as the 'US' 47A. In fact Pioneer does not make any 'Elite' equivalent models for the Asian market. The closest comparison of the DV-733A would be the 'US' 45A and even then you won't find the very same specs and or build quality. Also unlike the 'US' 45A the 'Asian' DV-733A does not have bass management.

Sanjay

3. Haru

Haru Stunt Coordinator

then the writer of this malaysian review must be mistaken because he says,

4. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Haru, Brian who is always looking for Hi-Vision LD's brought back a 733 from Asia. You might PM him. I think the 47A & 733 are very similar. The 733 has a couple of control ports for protocols not used here and it's chaum-pagneeee coloured. I considered buying it and the DV-AX10 out of Hong Kong because I could get them all-region. You're not going to get digital passage of DVD-A & SACD signals. Forget that! Even if you did, you couldn't process them. I'm stille waiting for what I think is the perfect combi-player. I've been waiting for well over a year. I'm patient.... If I was going for this design, I'd rather have an all-region 733. Best wishes!

5. Paul Campbell

Careful with that 47A, it's apparently not all it's cracked up to be. Read a pretty disappointing review in The Absolute Sound.