1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer DV-C503

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Garvey, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Tom Garvey

Tom Garvey Stunt Coordinator

Just wanted to find out if this is a good dvd changer for $200... My brother inlaw is thinking of getting it. He wants it for it's cd changer capabilities. Does it shuffle/random play through all cds?
    Let me know please... Is there some thing better for the same money?
    Thanks
    ------------------
    Tom

2. Garry I

Garry I Stunt Coordinator

I have the dv-k301c. I think these 2 players would be pretty similar. It is a pretty good player for its price. The only major problem is the changer is noisy when it moves. Also some dvds dont run. I only have about 3/300 that dont run. So overall good player

3. Burke Strickland

Burke Strickland Second Unit

One of my relatives bought this model recently and likes it a lot. They are using a 4:3 TV, and have no complaints about the picture being too ... whatever. Sounds good too, and having the changer is a real convenience, especially for multidisc sets (and playing an evening's worth of CDs).
    Read all about it here:http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pi...22,419,00.html -- they say "CD Mode for Full CD Changer Functions"n but I haven't asked about random/shuflle and my relative didn't mention it when showing off the unit. However, "Full Random Play" is a feature commonly listed for Pioneer's CD changers.
    And $200 is a very good price for a new one in the factory-sealed box. They paid $175 for an "open box" one at Best Buy and fortunately it was in "like new" condition.
    Enjoy!
    Burke

4. Tom Garvey

Thanks a lot guys!
    If someone could verify one way or another on the random play all cds... I'd appreciate it.
    [Edited last by Tom Garvey on July 24, 2001 at 10:22 PM]

5. Tom Garvey

^
    ------------------
    Tom

6. Tom Garvey

^