Pioneer DV-C503 Vs. Sony DVP-NS400D

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joseph_mx, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Joseph_mx

Joseph_mx Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    Im planning to buy a dvd player for my girlfriend and I'd like to know if go for the pioneer or the sony. They dont need to have Progresive Scan because its not for a HDTV. Any comments about them ? Thanks in advance. [​IMG]
    Pioneer DV-C503 Vs. Sony DVP-NS400D

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Joseph, I have not used the Sony 'NS400D except for playing around with it a bit in stores, but my girlfriend bought the Pioneer 'C503 last year and is very happy with it. When she was looking for a DVD changer last year for under $300, I recommended the Pioneer unit. The build quality for the money always impressed me, and Pioneer has a good reputation in the DVD player arena. I have no problems with Sony as I have had a Sony DVD changer for nearly two years that has performed flawlessly, but I thought the Pioneer changer represented an excellent value. My girlfriend doesn't regret her decision one bit. The picture is very sharp. I'd go with the 'C503. She might like having a changer (the Sony is a single-disc player).

By the way, the Sony player has a built-in Dolby Digital decoder and the Pioneer doesn't. Does your girlfriend need the decoder?

3. Joseph_mx

George, She is buying a Yamaha DTS receiver so the built-in Dolby Digital decoder in the sony is not important. Thanks again.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Joseph said:

5. Joseph_mx

Oops, So sorry Keith :b I was in a hurry and I took the name from the bottom. [​IMG]

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

No problem, Brad, er, I mean, Joseph. [​IMG]

7. Joseph_mx

Here is my report about the Pioneer DV-C503:
    I Went with my girlfriend to the store and paid 300.00 Us Dlls included tax, now the best part. I installed the player and it works with all regions, well I tested with discs from region 1(ntsc), 2(pal) and 4(ntsc) and it works perfect also with RCE discs and finally Macrovision Off. I think I´m gonna keep the player [​IMG] thanks Keith for the advice again.

8. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Joseph, glad to hear you are happy with the 'C503. Enjoy it!