Pioneer DV-C503 Problem?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tony_Ng, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Tony_Ng

Tony_Ng Auditioning

I have a Pioneer Dv-c503 dvd player, during certain points of a dvd, it will pause for about a sec or two..

im guessing its changing the layer (dual layer?)...

is there anything i can do to make it look smooth without that layer change?...or is there something else wrong?

also...do dvd players, as of late, still have this sort of problem if it is, in fact, the layer change thats pausing my dvd... any sort of help would be appreciated...

thanks

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Tony, it's probably the layer change. Does the pause happen at the same point in a movie each time you play it? Does the pause happen more than once during a movie? There should only be one layer change.

There is nothing you can do to change the appearance of the layer change on your player. Some players do handle layer changes more smoothly than others, so if the layer change on the 'C503 bothers you enough, you might consider a different player. I am not an expert on which of today's players are particularly smooth with respect to layer changes, but hopefully others can point you in the right direction.

3. Tony_Ng

Tony_Ng Auditioning

yes, exactly the same point.

so i also think it was a layer change...

thanks for your reply...a friend of mind owns a magnavox and runs the dvd smoothly (monsters inc.) where i have the pause from the layer change...

im hoping to find a good dvd player that does the same smooth playback

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Tony, great. So your 'C503 isn't defective. [​IMG] My fiancee has the 'C503, and we have both been very happy with it for the money. In any event, if you are seeking a player with a smoother layer change, you might want to do a search here. If necessary, start a new thread and state your budget and whether you prefer a changer or single-disc player. Best of luck.