1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer DV-C36

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeD, Aug 27, 2001.

1. MikeD

MikeD Auditioning

Anyone experience this problem with this unit?
    While playing CD's in the RANDOM mode the first half a second of a track skips or is skipped as the new track is cued after the CD rotates to different CD AND if playing only one CD (loaded) after PLAY is selected the first track always has the "skip" even in the NON RANDOM mode.
    Is this a defect in this Elite unit or do others units behave in this manner?
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

3. DaleB

DaleB Stunt Coordinator

Was the pixelation in progressive mode? I can not take advantage of progressive, and use the C-36 only in the std. scan mode and looks as good as my old modified (Dan Wright) DV-414.
    I would not use this changer for progressive, nor many Pioneers from the reviews I read on Secrets of Home Theater (not this particular model though). The only 'acceptable' Pioneer was a very high-end Elite model.
    As a changer, I have not noticed any track being skipped over in random disk mode either.
    The C-36 does have some features and circuitry common with other Elite models and the 503 does not. How much difference they make is beyond me. I found the audio very good but do feed the digital output through a Monarchy DIP II.
    When I get around to an HD display, I plan to upgrade down the road.

4. DaleB

DaleB Stunt Coordinator

By the way, pixelation or break-up can also be caused by a dirty or defective disk. Furthermore, Pioneer recommends unplugging the unit and then powering back up in all such cases which will reset the circuitry.
    So far have not experienced the problem, but noted it on their tech support website.

5. MikeD

MikeD Auditioning

Thanks for the reply's DaleB and ChuckC..but the problem that I'm experiencing is NOT a track being skipped but about a half a second OF any track being skipped while in the RANDOM mode OR the same thing if only 1 CD is loaded then PLAY is selected in or out of RANDOM. I do not use the Progressive mode and have seen no pixilazation on the 60" Mits.

6. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

7. DaleB

DaleB Stunt Coordinator

I will have to try that again, Mike and see if it cues into a track about 1/2 second late on either random mode or single play...interesting.
    [Edited last by DaleB on August 28, 2001 at 07:44 PM]