What's new

Pioneer DV-563A Video quality (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I've dug through about half of the '562A review thread' (when i should really be studying :p) ), and found most of it was on the audio/Bass Management/DSD to PCM aspect of the player.

As for video, it was mainly incorrect flags, flagging problems, and CUE.

I am thinking of replacing my Toshiba SD-2109 with a new DVD player for around $200-$300 Canadian to use with my Infocus X1 projector.

Im just curious as to how good the OVERALL picture quality is on this player (better yet, PQ compared to my 2109)

Thanks

Whoops, shouldve added a question mark to the end there to avoid confusion. If a mod sees this, can you add it? thanks

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I have owned 2 Pioneers dated back to 2000 and 1999 and just recently upgraded to a Panny XP-50

on a big screen I guess you would see the difference but for all the hubbub about this XP50 I expected alot more. I have a 36" wega HDTV and I didnt see the difference going from 480i to 480p and neither did I see any great processing with the dcdi. pretty disappointed and cant see what all the hyoe is about. maybe try it on my FP and see a diference. I would think it would make a difference on my 36" too. glad I only paid $70 shipped for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks