What's new

Pioneer DV-563A-DVD Audio/SACD player-Looks really nice (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Sathyan,

That's what I am wondering as well.

Matthew,

The '563A has been discussed here a bit. A search might prove beneficial.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Sathyan, the picture didn't come up for me on that discount-electronic.com link. :confused:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Sathyan, thanks for the picture. The '563A looks very nice.

If a Moderator is reading this, the thread should be renamed. The '563A is not merely a DVD-Audio player. It's a universal player (DVD-Audio and SACD).

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I emailed Pioneer a week ago to see when the release date was but they could not give me one. I have interest in it also because of the price.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, no, I am not a Moderator. However, I have the DV-563A discussed here. I'm surprised that a search for "DV-563A" came up with nothing. Is that what you searched for? :confused:

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Matthew, KeithH et al.:

[Bump.]

Am I making too much out of the absence to date of reviews of this piece in Stereophile Guide To Home Theater, Sound & Vision and other print HT mags?

In addition to the DSD-to-PCM conversion issue, I'm anxious to hear comments/feedback on the "chroma bug" issue and how thorough the unit's bass management is.

Paul

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Kevin et al.:

Some of the mags often get pieces in advance of their being available to the public. With a unit as 'momentous' as this (the first "budget" universal player), I would think that Pioneer would have sent units to the major HT mags for advance review (not to mention making sure they got the unit to retail shelves when they said they would at CES).

Paul

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Paul, I hear you, but it often takes time for reviews to be published in print. Perhaps web reviews will appear sooner.

The latest Audio Advisor catalog shows the '563A for $180. It looks nice for the money. I too would like to see reviews.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I'm highly curious as to how this player performs as well.
As for the DSD-PCM conversion, as long as SACDs still sound better than standard CDs, I'm sold. I'm too poor for a decent dedicated SACD player anyways, so just the ability to play them decently works for me.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I have since purchased the Pioneer DV-45A and I am very happy with the performance of it. I curious also as to how the 563A works out.
For that price, if they nail both the audio (correct Bass Management, Distance Compensation, etc.) and the Video (no CUE, no major problems with the deinterlacer, etc.) it will be hailed with the same fervor as the invention of sliced bread.

If I were planning to buy this unit, at a minimum, I would plan to double down on my investment and budget for an ICBM.

Of course, I am a beat dog who had to do that with his 45A. Anyone that spends less than 1/2 of what I spent and gets away without needing an ICBM will be greeted by me with utter contempt and scorn:D

Seriously, I would not touch this thing until someone I trust (Secrets for Video testing, and pretty much any current 45A owner for Audio testing) gets one and reports their findings.

S&V got it wrong on the 45A, and I for one won't get fooled again.

BGL

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Greg,
I would probably agree with you on that one. The only way to know for sure is to email Pioneer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.