Pioneer DV-47A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin U, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Kevin U

Kevin U Auditioning

Has anyone had any experience with the Pioneer DV-47A DVD, SACD, DVD-A unit? I am interested to hear positive and negative comments before any purchase decision.
    I am as interested in the music side as I am the Video side.
    Thanks in advance.
    KU

2. Rob Roth

Rob Roth Stunt Coordinator

I and others have posted extensively on this forum about this machine. Suggest you search under: 47A or just 47. You can also find lots of comments over on AudioAsylum. Very quickly; I think this is a fine machine for exploring multichannel sound. It is also a great 1st piece in an HT set up since it does many things quite well in a single box. Concerns I have and that others share are the build quality and the performance on SACD.

While separate components will provide better performance in specific areas/formats, I believe this is the most cost-effective means of getting quite good quality. Note also that Dan Wright is enthusiastic about this machine and may soon make custom mods available. If Dan thinks it's worth modding it's probably worth you buying it.

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

There have been reviews in S&V and HTM among other HT mags... There's also ecoustics.com and audioreview.com.