Pioneer DV- 47a vs. DV-S733A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob_b, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Rob_b

Rob_b Agent

I downloaded the manual from the Pioneer web site. Both models use the same manual.

Both models are identical except for one feature.

Only the DV-S733A will read DVD-R and DVD-RW discs.

Why not the DV-47A?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

3. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

I have the DV-47A & it plays CD-R & CD-RW CDs. The player plays MP3 CDs & I always use a CD-RW CD to record my MP3s. Great DVD player. It'll play anything.

4. Rob_b

Rob_b Agent

KeithH,

Thanks. I must have missed it.

5. Bob Segno

Bob Segno Agent

Stan, any notice of a chroma bug that you can see?

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

No problem, Rob.

7. Rob_b

Rob_b Agent

Bob,
    I am interested in this too! One review on www.audioreview.com refers to a problem that could be the chroma bug.

8. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Bob I don't notice the chroma bug. I had a Pioneer Elite DV-38A previously & supposedly it had the chroma bug also. The 12bit video DAC in this player gives it a better picture than the 10bit video DAC in the Pioneer Elite DV-38A. The picture in my opinion on the player is great!

It also has a 16x9 compressed mode for non-anamorphic DVDs if your 16x9 T.V. locks in full mode with a progressive signal. Mine unfortunately does. WOW! What a difference on non-anamorphic DVDs. I can't tell the difference between ones that are anamorphic & ones that aren't. The picture is windowboxed in this mode with black bars on all 4 sides. The bars on the side are alot smaller than the top & bottom. The picture is smaller than if the DVD was anamorphic but because of the difference in quality of the picture I don't mind the picture being smaller.

For the money you can't beat this player. DVD-audio & SACD sound great. I've been enjoying DVD-audio for 6 months prior with my Pioneer Elite DV-38A & finally have gotten into SACD because of this player.

One of the features that I'm enjoying the most however is the MP3 playback. I can fit around 150 songs at 192bit on a CD-RW CD. I can't tell the difference between the MP3 & the original CD. They sound great.

I'll be glad to try to answer any questions about the player if anyone has any. I'm really enjoying my new player as you can tell.

You can get it at Soundpros.com for $750 with shipping included. They're great to deal with. I get all of my Pioneer Elite equipment there. Tell Scott & Gary that I referred you. They give great customer service. It was really worth the money for me.