What's new

Pioneer DV-45A problem (1 Viewer)

Brian Noud

Auditioning
I recently bought this new player and am VERY impressed with the picture and sound quality.BUT,I have been having problems with these faint bars that move from left to right randomly through every movie I have watched.I am temporarily using a small Philips TV using the S-Video connection and have tried the Composite connection and it does the same thing.I never has this problem with the Pioneer DV-333 through the same set.This is unexceptable to me and I find it hard to beleive this would be normal with certain sets.ANY input would be appreciated.

Jantzen

Stunt Coordinator
I have use my 45a mainly for audio only but have it hooked up via s-video to navigate DVD-A discs so I have watched a few things via s-video...

Anyway, I do not see this problem...

The only thing I can suggest is that there are 2 s-video settings in the player set up - I think it defaults to "S2"...

Goto to the Initial Settings->Video Output->S-Video Out and change it to "S1" to see if that fixes the problem...

Also, you are going right to the TV, correct? Not through a SVHS VCR or anything... (just eliminating macrovision)

If directly connected and neither S1 or S2 work and you can use the same cable and TV to a different DVD player then I think you need to exchange the 45A.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I had a 45a for a while too, and didn't see this. Try Jantzen's suggestions and see what happens. Might also be "noise" in your system, that the 45a is just more sensitive too. (I used to have this horizontal line thing float vertically from bottom to top of the screen if I'm remembering correctly. Any kind of power filtering, Monster, Panamax, etc, gets rid of it. I think it was the difference between the TV scanning Hz and the AC Hz or something.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks