Pioneer DV-37 & Akira DVD problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Hoffman, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Robert Hoffman

Robert Hoffman Stunt Coordinator

I have a weird problem with my Pioneer. I bought Akira and at 15 (or so) different spots on the disc the DVD would freeze and I'd have to fast forward to get through the problem spot. I figured the DVD was flawed and got another copy. At the exact same spots the new DVD would freeze as well. Has anyone had similar problems or know of a fix? Thanks,

Rob

2. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    Sorry i cant help Robert. Whenever ive had freeze ups, it was always a problem with the DVD.
    My old pioneer has never had a problem with good DVD's
    The last time, there was no damage to the DVD but it had a thin layer of... i dont know, like residue or something.
    I wiped it off and it worked perfectly.
    If your sure it isnt the disc, and noone chimes in with similar problems with that same model DVD player, i hope your warranty is still good.
    Id take it back in a heartbeat!!

3. Robert Hoffman

Robert Hoffman Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the color. I figure since two different discs have the same problem at exactly the same spot, it must be a problem with how the player is reading the disc. You would figure a Pioneer mastered CD (Akira) should play flawlessly on a Pioneer DVD player. Sounds like I should look into contacting Pioneer.