Pioneer DV-343 DVD Player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sheldon, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Sheldon

Sheldon Stunt Coordinator

Future Shop here in Canada have this player on sale for $219.CDN.The Pioneer website say the list price is $369.Does anyone have one of these units to give a review on?I couldn't find it on various review sites and would appreciate anything on it.

2. Eben H.

Eben H. Auditioning

The 343 is essentially the same as the 333; I have both. For the money I think they're good, basic DVD players. Nothing fancy (no zoom modes, they can't output progressive) but I've never had a problem playing anything in either of them. They do a good job of downconverting anamorphic DVDs. The picture is between Toshiba (sharp, with more visible artifacts) and Sony (less visible artifacts, but very soft picture). At this price point, Panasonic also makes a good DVD player that doesn't have the "chroma bug" (the Pioneer does, but I don't notice it, YMMV).

3. Marcelo T

Marcelo T Stunt Coordinator

I have one and its excellent. I had a panasonic before and the pioneer have better image(the panny bent straight lines in the edge of the screen), better remote and some nice features, like last memory.
    The only problem I see is the tray noise, which you can hear case you stay too close to the unit.