Pioneer DV-250 Problems....

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by James_Barcus, Aug 17, 2003.

1. James_Barcus

James_Barcus Agent

I have a 2 month old Pioneer DV-250 Progressive Scan DVD player. I have it hooked up to my brand new JVC AV-48WP74 WS HDTV 48" RP tv. I was expecting a superb flawless picture and didn't get it. Could it be the DVD Player is just not good enough or something? I know the TV is. LoL.. Also could it be just me not being able to calibrate the tv correctly? The picture is kina grainy looking, almost "old" looking like VHS... YUCK! Any ideas would be greatful!

2. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

You may want to make sure you have progressive scan enabled on your player and that you're using component cables capable of carrying a progressive signal (some CHEAP cables that aren't made of 75ohm coax can severly degrade the picture quality). I would check both of those first, then possibly AB compare with a better/different player.

Hope this helps [​IMG]

3. James_Barcus

James_Barcus Agent

Thanks for the info! It is set to Progressive. I think it might just be the player.. I'm going to get a new Sony DVP-NS715P and see if that helps. Or maybe do I just need to break the bank and buy some Monster component cables? [​IMG]