Pioneer D811s owner's!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LaMarcus, Mar 1, 2003.

1. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Mar 7, 2002
    How do you have your's setup? I don't have the surround back setup yet, but I was wondering how you all have your's setup.

Do you listen to it with the loudness on? Midnight?

Do you listen to it with the standard setting, or movie, etc...?

Doe's the NEO and all that stuff only work when you have a SB hooked up?
  2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

May 5, 2002
    I have my speakers set to small all the way around.
    When I watch tv I prefer Music mode and 5 channel when watching sports.
    I due use the loudness button ..mainly to listen to music.
    Read my reveiw for my setup with the 25-31pci
  3. MattMB

MattMB Agent

Nov 21, 2002

N26II as mains
    N24II as surrounds
    No surround back
    DLS 10" on sub preout

Crossover is setup to 100Hz, all channels set to small.

I do not listen with loudness or midnight turned on as to my ears they don't sound "right." I always select DTS where available, DD when not. With things like LD without AC3, I use DPL2:Movie, as well as with cable TV. When listening to Music, I use NEO:6 Music, the DPL2: Music is much to strong in the center channel. The NEO options work with a 5.1 setup, the 6th channel is just played through the surround speakers.
  4. Jeff_Fitz

Jeff_Fitz Stunt Coordinator

Jun 2, 2002
    I am running my 811 with the Axiom Epic Micro system in 6.1 (additional QS2). My TV is in the corner of the room so I needed a surround back to fill in the huge gap I had in the surround field.

I have the speakers all set to small with the crossover at 100MHz.

I leave Midnight Mode on all the time because I generally listen at moderate volumes (don't want to wake up those kids :)). I find the 811 sounds a bit thin without Midnight or Loudness on.

I watch TV and VHS using DTS Neo:6 Cinema.

With DVD's I always choose DTS if it is available, Dolby Digital if not. I have the unit set to "6.1 Fix", which creates a matrixed surround back with 5.1 channel sources.

With CD's I usually use 6-channel Stereo but occasionally use DTS NEO:6 Music.

If you are planning to run 5.1 with the 811S, I would make sure that "6.1 Fix" is off and use Pro Logic II instead of Neo:6 for stereo sources such as cable TV and VHS.

Hope that helps,