Pioneer Customer Service

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill_Weinreich, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich Second Unit

Finally a story with a happy ending! ( well, it will be tomorrow)
    About 2 1/2 years ago I purchased a VSX-26tx. It was as close to high end as I thought I was ever going to get. Everything was great for about a year and then it happened ...... SILENCE!!! I fell victim to the infamous audio drop and boy was I ticked. I imediately took it back to where I bought it (Tweeters) and they had it repaired. Unfortunately it was about a two month wait but it was repaired under warranty. I was told by the service tech that it was bad solder joints on a few IC's, it was a common problem, and it should never happen again. All was fine and dandy for about a year and a half afterwards until ... You guessed it ... No Audio. " Isn't that a B**** " I thought to myself (and out loud) 6 months out of warranty at that. After a week or two of deciding what to do, I wrote Pioneer an e-mail explaining the situation and the dissapointment I felt in their "Elite" line. They sent me a letter about a week later informing me to take it in to an authorized service center (Kral Electronics in Newark,De to be exact) to have it checked out. About 10 days later I received a phone call from Danny in the Pioneer cust service dept informing me that they have elected to replace my unit with a brand new 45TX (saying that because of its service history, mine was unrepairable) Now tomorrow I get to pick up my new receiver. It's been a pretty quiet few weeks around here (No surround and only the TV's speakers [​IMG] ) but I have a fun weekend of setting up to look forward to.
    Just thought I'd share my joy [​IMG]
    Bill
    P.S. Having talked to the customer service dept at Pioneer several times, I can tell you that it was a pleasant experience. They were extremely freindly, knew what they were talking about (at least about my claim and all prior correspondence), and was pretty timely all things considering.[​IMG]

2. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

Looks like you scored, welcome to the 45TX club, you are going to love that receiver.

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I'll put a positive note about Pioneer's customer service here too.
    Bought a refurbed Elite DV-05 player May 2001. Started to "skip" on CDs maybe 4 months ago. (This was my 4th Pioneer player; constantly upgrading to the current generation's models. Never had any problems before.)
    If you look at audioreview.com, this player was notorious for bad drives/transports whatever.
    So I complained. At first they said, too bad, refurb warranty is only 90 days. I mentioned that it *is* an Elite product, shouldn't die after less than 18 months, plenty other reports of poor reliability so I just want Pioneer to "do the right thing", etc.
    They checked on my particular unit's history, and actually said that it had been repaired "many times" before I even bought it.
    Bottom line, they took it back, and gave me a great deal on a 47ai.
    I like Pioneer (Elite) stuff, so I was glad that they did end up doing the "right thing"! [​IMG]

4. Ron Newsome

Ron Newsome Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] GO PIONEER! [​IMG]

5. Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich Second Unit

Well,
    Got it today, hooked it up and it sounds GREAT! Damn, I missed my surround sound. I now have the rest of the weekend for setting things up and tweeking.

Again a great big thanks to Pioneer.

Bill

6. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Kind of curious that no one (so far! [​IMG] ) has posted a bad experience with their customer service. (There's a thread in the "sources" area about poor service from Onkyo.)
    Now, I could (and have) written loads about Sony's poor customer service as well... [​IMG]

7. Brae

Brae Supporting Actor

Bill_Weinreich, your setup (calibration) will be short and sweet. The MCACC auto-calibration program will make it the least of your laborous chores, unless you are a tweeker. [​IMG]