What's new

Pioneer Customer Service (1 Viewer)

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
Finally a story with a happy ending! ( well, it will be tomorrow)
About 2 1/2 years ago I purchased a VSX-26tx. It was as close to high end as I thought I was ever going to get. Everything was great for about a year and then it happened ...... SILENCE!!! I fell victim to the infamous audio drop and boy was I ticked. I imediately took it back to where I bought it (Tweeters) and they had it repaired. Unfortunately it was about a two month wait but it was repaired under warranty. I was told by the service tech that it was bad solder joints on a few IC's, it was a common problem, and it should never happen again. All was fine and dandy for about a year and a half afterwards until ... You guessed it ... No Audio. " Isn't that a B**** " I thought to myself (and out loud) 6 months out of warranty at that. After a week or two of deciding what to do, I wrote Pioneer an e-mail explaining the situation and the dissapointment I felt in their "Elite" line. They sent me a letter about a week later informing me to take it in to an authorized service center (Kral Electronics in Newark,De to be exact) to have it checked out. About 10 days later I received a phone call from Danny in the Pioneer cust service dept informing me that they have elected to replace my unit with a brand new 45TX (saying that because of its service history, mine was unrepairable) Now tomorrow I get to pick up my new receiver. It's been a pretty quiet few weeks around here (No surround and only the TV's speakers :frowning: ) but I have a fun weekend of setting up to look forward to.
Just thought I'd share my joy ;)
Bill
P.S. Having talked to the customer service dept at Pioneer several times, I can tell you that it was a pleasant experience. They were extremely freindly, knew what they were talking about (at least about my claim and all prior correspondence), and was pretty timely all things considering.:emoji_thumbsup:

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Looks like you scored, welcome to the 45TX club, you are going to love that receiver.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I'll put a positive note about Pioneer's customer service here too.
Bought a refurbed Elite DV-05 player May 2001. Started to "skip" on CDs maybe 4 months ago. (This was my 4th Pioneer player; constantly upgrading to the current generation's models. Never had any problems before.)
If you look at audioreview.com this player was notorious for bad drives/transports whatever.
So I complained. At first they said, too bad, refurb warranty is only 90 days. I mentioned that it *is* an Elite product, shouldn't die after less than 18 months, plenty other reports of poor reliability so I just want Pioneer to "do the right thing", etc.
They checked on my particular unit's history, and actually said that it had been repaired "many times" before I even bought it.
Bottom line, they took it back, and gave me a great deal on a 47ai.
I like Pioneer (Elite) stuff, so I was glad that they did end up doing the "right thing"! :)

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
Well,
Got it today, hooked it up and it sounds GREAT! Damn, I missed my surround sound. I now have the rest of the weekend for setting things up and tweeking.

Again a great big thanks to Pioneer.

Bill

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Kind of curious that no one (so far! :) ) has posted a bad experience with their customer service. (There's a thread in the "sources" area about poor service from Onkyo.)
Now, I could (and have) written loads about Sony's poor customer service as well... ;)

Brae

Supporting Actor
Bill_Weinreich, your setup (calibration) will be short and sweet. The MCACC auto-calibration program will make it the least of your laborous chores, unless you are a tweeker. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks