Pioneer CLD-909 -- anyone know anything?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by wei, Jun 23, 2002.

1. wei

wei Auditioning

I got a Pioneer CLD-909 yesterday for $55 Canadian (in US currency it is $36). The unit comes with user manual and, surprisingly, the original remote. It is in very good shape (considering it was made in 1986) and in good working condition. I got this unit as a backup for my CLD-505 (OEM model for Best Buy chain - same as CLD-504).
    the only problem (or maybe not a problem) is I can see slanting vertical stripes on the screen of my Sony 53HS30. when I hookup the unit to my Sony XBR the stripes become horizontal. Then I connected the 909's TV out to the TV's antena in with a coaxial cable. this improved the situation a little but did not eliminate the stripes completely.
    the stripes are not that terrible. You can notice them but it is not very distracting. It is more obvious on the blue screen but gets less obvious when there is image on the screen.

Is this normal for CLD-909?

Thanks in advance.

Wei

2. Kurtis Bahr

Kurtis Bahr Auditioning

The description sounds more like a bad ground. I'd start looking for a ground loop somewhere. If it was player alignment which can cause stripes they would be exactly the same on ALL monitors.

Kurtis

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

And make sure your video cables are robust. I've seen this effect many times from cheap video cables, both RF cables and composite video cables. Better cables had always been the solution I've employed.