What's new

Pioneer CLD-704 Laser Disc Problems...... (1 Viewer)

I'm having problems getting my Pioneer CLD-704 LD player.

It wont play a laser disc...in fact, it keeps ejecting the discs I insert. I havent used it in some time, but normally use it to play cdr's. It will load and play cd's, but the unit repeatedly ejects any LD i insert.

I want to xfer some LD titles to DVD, but it's gonna be pretty hard if i cant get this thing to play a disc. ;-)

Anyone have any ideas, or have a similar problem?

thanks,

Winston

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
It sounds like the laser needs alignment- I've caught my old CLD-D502 doing the opposite; it will play LDs but not CDs. It doesn't get much use these days though; I gave it to my parents after I got my DVL-909.

So, you think the fact that it wont LOAD a disc is a laser alignment issue? I assumed it was a mechanical problem,

but hell, i'm not sure.

Winston

Ok, i've done the cleaning recommended in an earlier thread, but it doesnt seem like that is the problem with my LD player. The instructions were to clean the braking

mechanism.

After opening the unit, i noticed that the reading

mechanism doesnt raise up high enuff, so it stops

and ejects the discs. If i give it a small tap on

the side, it works.

Kinda of a cheesy workaround, but it does work. ;-)

Win

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Well, you could look ever so closely at the mechanism that is not "raising up high enuff, so it stops". Perhaps you might see something is impeding the mechanism. A good amount of electronic equipment is designed to abort actions which take too much current or voltage, outside the normal range of operation. So if the mechanism is moving along happily and then gets physically stuck, the CPU in there says "Stop and abort!". Anyways, don't do anything risky, just take a close look and see what you can find :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks