1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer CD players?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Larson, May 15, 2002.

1. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

How strong are Pioneer CD players in general and their CD changers (5-6 disc) in specific? i'm thinking of buying one, but will it give better performance than my Teac CD-P1100 single-CD player?

2. Mark Larson

ELEVEN freaking views? I think i've just created the slowest thread on HTF! [​IMG]

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mark, Pioneer makes few straight CD players these days. Most of their effort is focused on DVD players. Outside of CD megachangers, the only choice you have is the PD-M426 six-disc magazine changer. Crutchfield has it for $180:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...PDM426&o=m&a=0
    I wouldn't get it simply because it's a magazine changer. They died out a long time ago, and I feel carousels are a bit more convenient. Also, the 'M426 has no digital outputs. All in all, I think you could do better than the 'M426. Also, I don't think Pioneer makes a magazine changer in its Elite line.
    Other than the 'M426, Pioneer makes megachangers. You can get the PD-F908 101-disc player or the 'F1009 301-disc player. These players have limited features. For example, they don't have keyboard inputs for disc naming. There is also the Elite 'F27 301-disc player, but I'm not sure if it is still in production. I've seen the price drop at Tweeter, so I am thinking that it may be on the way out. The 'F27 is worth considering if it still available. However, there are a lot of players out there from other manufacturers, so don't limit yourself to Pioneer.

4. Mark Larson

Thanks Keith. I was actually thinking about the changer in the Classifieds, but magazines don't hold much appeal for me either.

Cheers!

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mark, no problem. Glad to help. Good luck in your search for a new player. If you state your budget, people here can make suggestions.

6. BrianKM

BrianKM Stunt Coordinator

Mark,

I have owned Pioneer CD changer for the past ten years. The first CD player I ever bought was a Pioneer magazine unit that saw heavy use for the first four years and was then relegated to Mom use when I went to college. That player lasted nine years before it crapped out.

I now have a Pioneer PD-F1039 megachanger that gets used 4-10 hours/day and it's still going strong after 1.5 years.

Obviously, I'm sold on the reliability of Pioneer CD changers ...

7. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

So am I. IMO Pioneer makes very good CD players. The nice thing about them is they're always compatible with CD-R all the new ones are compatible with CD-RW (? - I believe).