What's new

Pioneer Canada - THE GRINCH THAT STOLE CHRISTMAS (1 Viewer)

keith fox

Agent
Pioneer Canada - THE GRINCH THAT STOLE CHRISTMAS

I was shopping this Christmas and Boxing Day (Canada) for a Pioneer Elite PRO-150FD Plasma. I was very disappointed when I found out what was going on with prices.

The list price for the 50 inch model is $500 or 8% more in Canada than the US. The 60 inch model however is $1,500 or 20% more in Canada than the US - For those of you who care the CDN $ has shot up an is now worth more than the US $

I can understand Canada is a smaller market and our prices can be higher to support higher distribution costs. But that is not what has made me mad.

Every retailer I talked to told me Pioneer Canada would not allow them to drop the price on the 60 inch plasma. I am VERY UNHAPPY.

Pioneer Canada
Pioneer of Canada - English - Elite TVs

Pioneer US
Pioneer USA - Elite TVs

Humira

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter
Warranty in Canada is longer,which adds much more risk of repairs in future.
Pioneer Canada is just adding $$ to hedge their bets against future break-downs, because as time goes on the likelihood of breakdown goes way up.

keith fox

Agent
I think you misunderstood.

I am not annoyed that the price is more. I am annoyed that they are arbitrarily inflating the price of the 60 inch set. If it was 8% more like the 50 I'd have no complaints. It is price gouging plain and simple.

Humira

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter

Sorry, I just read it too fast; I had the same problem when I bought my 60" Sony SXRD last year- I have a friend who was VP of BB and although I got a great deal from him the price difference from $US was about 20% as well.
The $CDN was at about $0.85 US so I understand your frustration but how the discrepancy was explained to me was that the majority of big screens are in the 42"-50" range so there is much more competition and therefore the economies of scale( more made makes it cheaper per unit produced) kicks in.
Those of us with grander appetites unfortunately pay more for products few of the J6P buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks