What's new

Pioneer 912 video switching (1 Viewer)

anthony_s

Agent
Hi. I read a review for the Pioneer VSX-D912K that stated it output component video to your TV. In effect you could "combine" signals from say your DVD player, VCR or satellite into one component out. My TV only has one component in, so this would be very cool.
Am I understanding this correct? Is this a common feature on most HT receivers?
Thanks!

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
From what I could find that reciever does "Component Video Switching", not "Upconverting all sources to Component".

It takes 2 inputs and outputs the signal on 1 output.

But anything you feed to the reciever with SVideo or Composite must have a separate SVideo and Composite feed from the reciever to the TV.

Most recievers, other than some flagship units, dont up-convert SVideo/Composite to Component.

It also does not mention the bandwidth on the component video circuits. For HD, you want somewhere around 100 Mhz bandwidth to handle the higher-frequency signals.

There are some good $80-$160 external video switchers that will take care of component video switching for you. This thread on Inexpensive HD Video Switching has helped many people with your similar problem (not enough inputs).

Hope this helps.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
The Bandwidth for the Component Video Outputs on the Pioneer 912 is 28Mhz & Bob is correct that it will not upconvert any video signals.

anthony_s

Agent
Cool. I am not too worried about the up-converting. I thought it would be nice to have the inputs for video and audio switched at the same time, as opposed to having to switch both separately.
Thanks!

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Bill Will ~ if you are getting that number from Crutchfield it's wrong. The correct number is 40 Mhz, which can be found in the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks