Pioneer 811s and elite 41tx

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Kevin Parker, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys,
    I own a pioneer 811s right now, I wuz wondering I will get a better sound and overall performance if I upgrade to elite 41tx, which has same features as 811s. or should I wait for new 41tx replacement model? what you guys think.

2. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Are you talking about the Pioneer Elite VSX-41?

One of my receivers is the VSX-41, and I find the sound from it to be pristine. I can create the same audio response in my listening room as is created behind the mixing board of Gary Lux's studio.

A tour of a pro mixing studio is about as cool as it gets in our hobby, especially with the MAN at the console.

Bill

3. Kevin Parker

sorry I typed wrong, and yes I am talking about vsx-41

4. HienD

HienD Stunt Coordinator

If vsx-41 uses a better amp and the d811s sound the same as the d711, I would say yes. The d711 sounded weak and thin. Not bad mind you. Had to turn up the volume knob qutie a bit to get moderate volumes. On the spec sheet, it seems like the vsx-41 has the same THD as the d811s, 0.2. Maybe it might be using the same amp, with the vsx-41 having more features. You'll notice the price jumps quite a bit to the next model up. As a point of reference, there was a noticable difference between the d711 and my new onkyo sr600. You'll have to listen for your self to make sure it sounds better to you.

Maybe you could just get a external amp?

5. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Kevin,
    From what I have read/heard I don't think that would be a great upgrade. You would have to jump to the Pioneer 43/45.
    The 41 has some very minor changes compared to the 811. I think you would be better off jumping to the 45tx receiver or adding a 2 or 5 channel amp to your current Pioneer.

6. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

save for a couple of months and get the 45 instead. You won't regret it. The auto MCACC is worth the extra money, not to mention the MOSFET amp and Phono input, plus the ability to rename the input to anything you want.

7. Kevin Parker

I think I should wait, for 45tx or new upcoming elite models. Thanx a lot guys for your input.

8. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    FYI, the 811 and 41Tx are essentially identical, except for a processing feature or two. I was not that impressed with the 41Tx, but the 45 and 47 were good, and I was pretty impressed with the 49.

You will be much happier upgrading to the 45.