What's new

Pioneer 59Avi or Denon 3910 audio only? (1 Viewer)

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I'm in the last stages of deciding on my new system. I want a universal player that is good with CD as well as SACD and DVDA. My tv is a Samsung 30" widescreen hi def but only has comp in. I won't be upgrading the tv for a while. I'm assuming both have excellent picture quality over comp. My main focus is on the audio side and music. Good bass management is also important. This will be connected to either a Pioneer 56txi and B&K amp using i link which would kill the need for bass management, or a B&K pre/pro and B&K amp, or possibly a B&K receiver. The speakers will be Klipsch RF7, RC7, RF3-II, and RS3 with a 15" Titanic sub.

JohnThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Thompson
If you are using i.Link, I would go the Pioneer - it outputs "pure" DSD over firewire for SACD, while the Denon converts it to PCM first.

It I were using the analog outs, the Denon would be the way to go - time adjustment for SACD, better audio DACs, etc.

err, I have the Denon and I do not necessarily think the DACS are better than the Elite. The Elite is a superb player and its ability to output high def audio by firewire is a huge advantage. I suspect they sound similar through the analog outputs, but both should be great.:)

Marc Doggett

Agent
For unmodded units, with regard to CD(redbook), and MC SACD/DVD-A playback via analog outputs, I'd rank the dv-59 third behind the Denon 3910 and the Onkyo SP1000, which I liked best. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks