What's new

Pioneer 563a Owners Help me out please (1 Viewer)

Jeremy_R

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a new 563a for its music playing abilities (SACD & DVD-A). My setup is a 2.1 no center and no surrounds and I'm running bookshelf fronts.

When I hook up the player with the 6 channel outs and tell the player that I don't have a center or surrounds there is no LFE output to the sub. I have even boosted the sub output by 10 db and there is still no sub output. If I tell the 563a that I have a small center the LFE is there but them I'm missing most of the music since I don't actually have a center channel speaker.

How should I be hooking this up to listen to hi res music on my 2.1 system?

SteveBro

Agent
You shouldn't be hooking the player up to your receiver with 6-channel outs, since you don't have a center channel or surrounds. To listen to SACD and DVD-A, you should just have it connected to your receiver using stereo analog RCA cables. In the player setup, make sure that you haven't selected the 5.1 speaker setup. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Jeremy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the advice guys. I set it to 2 channel out and told it to load 2 ch SACD.

SACDs sound great. I have a few DVD-As and as long as they have a 2.0 track it sounds fine. If they only have a 5.1 track is chops the center and surrounds and sounds really goofy.

For some reason I can't get Diana Krall's The Girl in the Other Room DVD-A to put out any sound :frowning:

Justin_P

Stunt Coordinator
That's probably a result of the copy protection firmware on your 563a being older that the copy protection they used when they authored the disc. I ran into that exact problem with my Frank Zappa DVD-A.

There are several threads about this problem elsewhere on the forum that should be able to tell you how to get it fixed (it sounded like a major hassle to me, so I never bothered since I only have one affected disc).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The firmware upgrade is relatively painless. Locate an authorized service center and they should just do it for no charge. My player was in the shop for a week.

Jeremy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Do you know what the new firmware version is? I'll check my player and see if it even needs the firmware upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks