Pioneer 563 owners with a DVD-Burner: Can you try something for me Please??

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Marc Carra, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

I have a Pioneer 656A which plays my DVD-Rs just wonderfully. Most other players won't. There is a reason behind this: Whenever I started burning my home videos to DVDR a year ago, I was using Nero. There are two ways of burning the DVD : DVD/ISO or DVD/VIDEO. I had always used DVD/ISO since this method was the first on the list, and they played fine in my player. Little did I know that the Pioneer player was one of the few players that would play DVDRs formatted in the ISO mode.

So my question is this:

Can you burn a DVDR using Nero, in DVD/ISO mode and try it on your Pioneer 563 player? I would have to order the player online and want to confirm that my collection of DVDRs will work. If you don't have Nero, a trial version is available online at www.nero.com

I can even paypal you the 1 or 2 bucks the DVDR may cost you to burn. I would really really appreciate the favor, if any one run this little test for me!

Marc.

2. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

I've just finished checking it on my player. It works under ISO.

3. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

Marc, I've burned many DVD-Rs using my Pioneer 105 DVD burner & they've all played fine on my Pioneer 563.

I used DVDDecrypter in ISO mode & Nero 5.5 to burn my DVD-Rs.

4. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

Thanks a bunch , guys! I need to get a second player and since the 656 is pretty much gone, I wanted to be sure about the DVDR thing. You've been a great help.

Marc.