Pioneer 53TX owners -- I have a question....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Paul Chiappini, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Paul Chiappini

Paul Chiappini Stunt Coordinator

My Onkyo had this feature, and I was wondering if the Pioneer had something similar:

When listening to 5.1 sources on the 7.1 system, the Onkyo could send the surround right sound to the REAR surround right speaker and likewise the surround left sound to the REAR surround left. When listening to DPLII it would do the same, but the surround was duplicated to the rear surround. I hope I'm describing this clearly -- I really liked this feature as it opened-up the rear surround field when not using EX/ES source material.

I hope I did a decent job of describing the this.

Also, does anyone know where I can find more info on the unit -- Pioneer's site is pretty slim. I'd also like to see an image of the rear of the 53TX.

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Scott_Jua

Scott_Jua Stunt Coordinator

I have a 45tx, but I think many of the features are a carry over from the 45 to the 53tx, give or take a few features, like the remote, and the USB connections. (there are a few more differences of course, but for the most part we are talking about very similar models.)

anyway, I believe the sound you describe can be achieved through one of the various surround DSPs that the unit provides. I don't have my manual with me, but it sounds familiar. (anyone with link to the manual may be able to help there)

as for the back of the 53...I haven't seen a pic online of one yet...but you can look at teh back of my 45tx...it's similar...perhaps this will help:

[​IMG]

Larger version