Pioneer 49TXI & 47AI Owners - Help Please!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Riggs, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Michael Riggs

Michael Riggs Auditioning

I just got my 49TXI & 47AI and went throught the setup. Got everything connected. Have the 49TXI & 47AI hooked up w/ the iLink & video through the component in/out on the 49. I have 2 questions. Did a search and didn't find anything directly related to my questions.

1) Is there a way to program the remote to go directly to the iLink selection? Right now the only way I could get it was to cycle through all the inputs. The DVD/LD button on the left side of the remote takes you to the standard DVD input, not the iLink. Can you change this somehow?

2) Also, relating to the question above, once I have the input set to the iLink I can't control my DVD through the remote. Is there a way to do this? Right now, as I said above, if I hit the DVD input selection I lose the iLink.

Other than this problem I love this set-up. I watched the first 15 mins of Gladiator in DTS-ES Discrete mode. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Mike

2. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

1. Mike I'm not speaking from experience but I think that once the 49TXi detects a signal from the i.Link input it automatically switches to that input.

2. Do you have the i.Link assigned to the DVD input? Do you have the DVD input set to auto or i.Link? If you still have the 47ai connected with either optical or coaxial unplug those because you don't need them anymore since the i.Link does everything they do and more.

These should solve your problems. Again i Hve the 49TX but I know how the receiver works.

Daniel Smith

3. Michael Riggs

Michael Riggs Auditioning

Daniel,

I think I know what you are suggesting. There is a place in the OSD to set the iLink. I wasn't sure what to do there, but it sounds like I should set it to DVD. I will try that.

Thanks.

4. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

Yes that's what I'm talking about.

Daniel Smith