What's new

Pioneer 49TX Equalizer Frequencies? (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
The 49TX has a 9 band equalizer as part of the MCACC system. Does anyone know what the frequencies of the 9 bands are? For example, they could be: 32,64,125,250,500,1000,2000,4000,8000.

I couldn't find this information in the owners manual.

Thanks

Artie

Craig W

Second Unit
Not sure, but I would hope for the price of the 49TX that those equalizer bands are parametric meaning that there frequencies are adjustable over a range and hopefully the Q point is adjustable meaning the bandwidth of each channel.

EX. center freq @35Hz

High Q 35Hz +/- 2.5Hz @-3dB BW = 5 Hz
Low Q 35Hz +/- 7.2Hz
Now you can increase or reduce the gain in a specific area of the spectrum. The center frequency is adjustable along with the Q in a full parametric equalizer.

Most equalizers are of of the fixed band variety that fixed center frequency and locked Q point. So you can only adjust in a limited area.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Craig

Parametric with adjustable Q would be wonderful, however, nothing I have read indicates that the center points are adjustable. Couple more generations of flagship receivers, we might see parametric with adjustable Q.

Oh yes, the B&K 307 has adjustable notch filters for the bass range which is nice. But I want the whole enchilada.

Thanks

Larry Becker

Agent
Artie,
The Screen shots on pg. 43 of the manual list these 9 bands:
63, 125, 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k, and 16k.

HOWEVER, if you count the little movable dashes, you get ELEVEN bands. It looks like there might be one before 63 and one after 16k, but my late 40's eyes aren't sure.

When you add this capability in with its ability to use the "All Channel Adjust" (most direct representation) or the "Front Channel Align" (a sound balance defined by the main speakers), it's really a powerful unit. It matches well with my Energy Veritas 2.3's, 2.0C, & 2.0R's.

This is my first post on the board :b and I have to admit I'm not just sure what an "adjustable Q" is and why it would be better than what the 49TX offers. It is the first HT product that I saw that made me feel like I could enjoy HT without spending countless hours tweaking -- I only got my first DVD (audio) player 5 months ago! And I have too many other time-consuming obsessions to deal with (woodworking & photography) I agree, though, that in a few generations, this will probably seem like baby steps in this direction. But for now, this just isn't too bad!

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks