What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Pioneer 49TX available in silver? ever??? (1 Viewer)

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
Hey kids,
Well I just got off a normal customer service call with Pioneer in regards to whether or not they will be offering the Pioneer VSX-49TX in a silver finish. Her oh so helpful response? "Umm, they have not given us any info on what they will be offering". Ummm gee... thanks. Who is 'they'? Nevermind. :angry:
Anyway, I know that they are offering this receiver (sans a tuner) as a different model in Europe... and I believe it is that God-awful (IMHO) champange color. My question is... does anyone know if this sucker will be offered here in the states or ANYWHERE in a silver finish... say something like the color of the Pioneer Elite DVR-7000?
Anyone have any connections with Pioneer that might have a clue on this?
Thanks,
Jeff in Houston

RajeeK

Second Unit
No, I don't think so. I think the only place to get the silver finish is Japan.

PaulKH

Second Unit
Elite products in the U.S. are like Ford Model T's - any color you like as long as it's black.

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
So is the Japanese unit the exact same as the US Model? 110V or 220V? Tuner or no tuner? I can't even find a pic of the receivers on the Pioneer Japanese site. Can you direct me there? Heck if I can get a silver finish on one, I can just d/l the user's guide for the US one once they put them up on their site.

Thanks,

Jeff

RajeeK

Second Unit
Want a pic. Here ya go. It shows a tuner light on the face of the unit so I assume it has one built in. Do a search for "VSA-AX10" and you may run across it somewhere out there.
Link Removed
Where to get one though? Beats the heck out of me.
Link below to the Japanese site. Same model #, but shown in champagne here.
http://www.pioneer.co.jp/compo/vsa-ax10.html
French article with unit shown in silver. May be that the silver unit is for Europe only?
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
augustosv
Recent bookmarks