Pioneer 45tx Quick Question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Justin Friedman, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Justin Friedman

Does the 45tx have a fan? Also, how is the Component switching i.e. # of ins and bandwidth? Is $675 a good price? Thanks!

2. James USAF

James USAF Agent

No fan..but unit has never gotten hot.

2 Component Video In -- 1 Component Video out

40 MHz is the bandwidth -->I *think*...do not hold me to this.

Unit is awesome...though discontinued. 675 is a great price (I paid 800+ for mine). Newer models (53 and 55) but they are more expensive.

I think for the price...you can not go wrong. I absolutely love this unit.

3. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

I think the Bandwith is 50 Mhz if I'm not mistaken!

4. James USAF

James USAF Agent

there you go....50 Mhz!!! [​IMG]

Course I really do not understand all that. I just use it for sound...and do not have my video running into it (except VCR). I have my DVD player component hooked directly into the TV.

There is no advantage of running the component video into the receiver and back out into the TV right?

5. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

Benefit would be if you have 2 components that use Component Cables and only 1 Component Input on your T.V. The receiver would allow you to run both of these components into your receiver and only have to use 1 component Cable to your T.V.

I have a Hi-Def Directv Receiver and my Xbox which also uses Hi-Def signals run through the 45TX and I cannot notice any signal loss as all compared to running these Units straight into my Hi-Def T.V!!

6. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

The 45 is 40 MHz plus or minus 3 MHz. Plenty of room without signal degradation.

Great receiver.

Mike

7. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

I've run both 1080i HD and 480p dvd thru my 45TX with no discernible picture quality degradation. At one time I had 2 HD receivers and a progressive scan player in my system at the same time. I ran on HD receiver and the dvd player thru the receiver and the other HD receiver straight to the tv (tv has 2 hd-capable component inputs).

I could see no difference in pq between the HD box running thru the reciever and the one going straight to the set.