What's new

Pioneer 45TX - No Sound (1 Viewer)

JimmyA

Grip
After a particularly-ugly thunderstorm last night, I no longer get sound out of my 45TX receiver. Since several other electronic devices in my house are having problems (a TV, a cable modem and my ReplayTV), I think we had a nearby lightning strike.

The 45TX turns on and it switches video (DVD, VCR) and I see pictures, but no sound. When I select the tuner, I get all indications that it is correctly tuning the radio stations, just no sound.

What is noticeably absent is the 'click' of the capacitor a few seconds after turning the unit on. Based on this lack of click, I'm guessing that a fuse/capacitor is blown.

I bought at a local retailer, but they will need to send it to Houston (I'm in Dallas) for analysis and repair, which they say will take 3-4 weeks.

Am I stuck with taking it in for repair, or could this be something like a fuse, which I could replace myself?

THX-Impaired in Dallas; Help!

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
Have you tried resetting it? (page 88 in the manual) My 45TX lost all it's settings during a storm a while back. I reset it, then performed Auto-MCACC. All has been fine every since...

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
"I bought at a local retailer, but they will need to send it to Houston (I'm in Dallas) for analysis and repair, which they say will take 3-4 weeks."

That's terrible...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks