Pioneer 45 questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad Newton, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Brad Newton

Brad Newton Second Unit

I am contemplating the purchase of this unit and need a couple of simple questions answered.

1. Does this unit decode dd-ex material? I have read that it does dts es, so it probably does dd ex also. Is this the same as THX surrond ex?

2. I have an older tv that only has (1) s-video input. If I hook up my dvd player, and satellite receiver to the receiver using s-video, will I only have to have one connection from the receiver to the tv using s-video? How is this achieved? Will it degrade my picture by running it through the receiver instead of directly to the tv.

2. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

1. Yes, it does EX & ES. For specifics about THX Surround EX, go here .

2. Yes. Hook both S-Video cables to their respective inputs on the receiver and connect an S-Video cable from the monitor out on the receiver to the S-Video input on the back of your TV. While a direct connection is usually preferred, I doubt there will be much noticable degradation.

It's a great sounding, flexible receiver and the easy set-up with the MCACC is icing on the cake. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

DJ