What's new

Pioneer 45 & Bass Peak limit/Plus (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
I am having trouble understanding the bass peak limit setup & also the "Plus". Can some one explain these features and if I really need to use them? After running MCACC, if I change my speakers to small, do I need to set the sub to Plus or just leave it alone? What does the MCACC use as default for the Bass Peak limit?

David Judah

Screenwriter
The Bass Peak Limiter just means that no matter what amplitude is encoded in the source component program material(usually it will only be an issue with DVD), the maximum signal your receiver will send to the sub is the setting you selected for BPL. There is no default level if you don't set it, I believe. You simply keep turning up the volume in the BPL menu until your sub bottoms out, and then you back it off a bit slightly and that is the max level your sub will reach regardless of what is encoded on the DVD.

The PLUS setting is a subwoofer speaker setting that routes all of the bass from the Fronts & Center, at the crossover frequency(default is 80 Hz), to the sub, even though the Fronts & Center are set to Large(they still reproduce their full range). If you set your Fronts & Center to Small, then the PLUS setting won't even be an option for the sub.

I would experiment around with it and take some measurments with your SPL meter with different settings and see what works best with your placement and your room, although I would guess that Small all the way around would be best(you never know until you try it all though). IMO, that's half the fun of it.

Good luck,

DJ

Richard Little

Stunt Coordinator
That is too cool. I have been wanting to get one of the 45TX's. "You simply keep turning up the volume in the BPL menu until your sub bottoms out, and then you back it off a bit slightly and that is the max level your sub will reach regardless of what is encoded on the DVD."... is that regardless of what volume the movie is being played at? It seems like that would allow you to crank up the gain on the sub, use the BPL to limit the highest peak of the responce curve allowing the hump to be removed, basicly flating out the curve to get higher SPL's throughout the responce curve, without woring about bottoming out. Am I just hoping for to much?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks