What's new

Pioneer 440 vs. Panasonic RV31 (1 Viewer)

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard that Sears has the Pioneer 440 on sale for $160.00. If I can get motivated enough tomorrow, I may go and see if it's true and pick one up. However, before I do, any one have any last thoughts or opionions that I could chew on until they open?

-Tim

Myles

Agent
As for the color of your receiver matching your DVD player....I'm afraid you will have trouble. The Onkyo has a green display. I have an Integra 5.2 which is essentially similar to the 595 but has blue display. Some of the pioneers have a blue display as well.

You should not call the 595 a modest receiver. It is a very good receiver and would only be modest if compared to some of the audiophiles equipment users on the forum have....which is not exactly typical.

Tulli

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 444, which is the "Progressive-scan" version of the 440, and the ergonomics is very good: very fast loading time and access, remaining time display.

The Pioneer has also different circuitry for video and audio (I don't know about the Panny). In the end, I would go for the Panasonic only if its picture quality is superior.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks