What's new

Pioneer 1015 vsYamaha 5860 (1 Viewer)

Jarett

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

I am able to get either of these receivers for the same price, and I am hoping ya'll help me decide.

To me, the same to be relatively the same as far as upconversion, inputs, and such go.

The differences I have notice are:

The 1015 has more watts per channel (not to concerened).

The 5860 has 2 more speaker outputs for a "B" environment.

Anyways let me know what you all think and what the differences are.

Thanks,

J

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
the pioneer doesn't have a "b" terminal? are you sure? i sell both of these all week, but i can't remember. :b anyway, if you really had to, you could hook up a splitter to the pioneer.

really, i think it's a wash between these two. they're both great units. i might give a slight nudge to the yamaha (because of the dsp modes), but that's about it. but i feel the pioneer has a strong amp.

either way, good choices.

Jarett

Stunt Coordinator
yah, for the rear surround on the pioneer it has "/B", so you can have 5.1 with an addition 2 speakers zoned, strange...

I really can't decide which one, argh lol

RoccoRusso

Auditioning
i am in the same boat.... i have been trying to pick between these 2 for a few weeks now.

i have a Marantz SR 8000 since 2001 and want to upgrade. I have a HD DLP now and have one more component device then input available (HD tv, DVD and Xbox HD) so the main reason i want/have to upgrade is to be able to run everything through the receiver again like i did when i had all s-video back in the day. Plus the auto set up and 7.1 sound is another feature i'm anxious to try.

some things i have found:
Yamaha
XM radio ready (not a user, but may be, all in one is nice)
my friend has a similar Yamaha and is VERY please with the DSP's and auto set up
has B speakers

Pioneer
lots of HTF users say this is the receiver to get in this price range
THX certified (for what ever that is worth, ever since THX was certifying discs a few years ago that were not anamorphic, i lost all faith in it)
WMA (as a Mac user, this is something i will never use)
no B speakers

is the quality of the Pioneer that much better then the Yamaha? would love to get some feedback of actual owners of either of these receivers

thanks!
-Rocco

John S

Senior HTF Member
Consider the Yammy 5890....

It smacks the 1015 around on output power.

I think it will be my AVR suggestion of choice for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks