What's new

Pioneer 1015 and Warfedale 9.6 (1 Viewer)

MarcCh

Agent
I noticed that my Wharfedale speakers recommend approx 200 watts of power but the receiver only maxes out at 120 watts per channel. Will the receiver be able to power the speakers??

Marc

Craig W

Second Unit
Those numbers are pretty much meaningless on speakers. Most of the time the amplifiers are sending only of a few watts of power to the speakers.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The wattage rating is a MAXIMUM, not recommended. I tried out the 1014 and found it's power to be a bit overrated, so I wouldn't throw any serious speakers at the 1015.

MarcCh

Agent
What are considered serious speakers. I have Wharfedale Diamond, not hooked up yet.

Marc

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
According to the website, these guys have dual 8" speakers, a nominal impedance of 6 Ohms, low end extension of 28Hz and 90dB sensitivity. The lower impedance may present an issue, but most receivers can deal with a 6 Ohm load. If you cross them over at something like 80hz, and you don't have a very large room, you should be OK. If you find that they are being underpowered, you can always add an amp to supplement the 1015.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks