What's new

Pioneer 1014TX from Wells (1 Viewer)

I am really looking at getting this receiver this week. I can get it from Wells Digital for $365 + $20.00 shipping, so less than $400 total. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Wells and what you think of them. Also, if anyone knows of an even better deal than this one, please let me know.

Haven't been to the forum since March 2004, good to be back.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
It appears that Best Buy sells this receiver on Wednesdays for a mere $399 plus tax. A much safer route if you asked me. Just buy it from BB and watch their site for the discount. Then take in your receipt for the difference.

MikeGee

Second Unit
400$? on the canadian website the prices are nowhere near as good as that. 700$ canadian ($568us).
I'd go with best buy for peace of mind tho. they have a good guarentee and is a very well known company.

James Phung

Second Unit
Chris,
You must remember that if you are buying from a non-authorized dealer, pioneer may not honor the warranty. J&R is an authorized dealer, they have it for $399 shipped. They're out of stock right now though.

Bri~A

Agent
Drew,

Explain the Bestbuy $399 deal a bit further please.... Is this the method you are describing?

1) We should buy it for full price in the store
2) Watch the website for the $399 discounted price
3) bring in a printout of the discount to get them to credit the difference

If so, why not just document the Wed. $399 price first and bring that in in the first place?

James Phung

Second Unit
Believe it or not, Best Buy will not price match their website. It's dumb, I know (and I've tried a few times with no success). You should buy it online and choose instore pick up instead.

Bri~A

Agent
That's pretty rediculus, but the in-store pick-up trick does work?

I think that may be my move.

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator
It goes on sale at BB on wednesdays? What sales genius came up with that one? I have a 10% coupon that expires today, but at $450 even with the coupon it could still be bought online cheaper.

PeterDI

Grip
You have to do your homework with BB. The same day I went in to buy my 1014 that was online for 399 at the store THEIR site showed 449. I was going to walk and then the manager saad let me see something. Went to the back for about three minutes and gave me the price match. It can be done!!

They seem to have regional sites which could possiby show different prices. After I got the unit I went home, went to the BB site and the price was....399. Kida fishy but I got an awesome unit for 399!!! I absolutely love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks