What's new

Pioneer 1014 Wow (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
So is it kewl to go for the 1014 or bite the bullet and get the 1015?

What the consensus? ;)

John S

Senior HTF Member
Depends on the deal at hand / the price difference.

If you save $200 or more, I'd opt for the 1014. Less than that, I'd opt for the 1015.

EricCrane

Agent
I just picked a brand new 1014 from best buy for $320. There just wasn't enough extra options on the 1015 that made it worth spending $130 more from an another authorized dealer.

Now I've got to figure a way to get a good "sweet spot" with 7 speakers instead of 5.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
My local BB has one for that price too, they also have one in a box marked down to $260 as an open box buy, very tempting!

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
You could get that open box 1014 for about $180 if you use this coupon. But make sure the microphone, remote and other accessories are in there.

chrisCo

Grip
For those who feel the 1014 falls short when listening to music (cd's) I would suggest setting front speakers to LARGE and the Sub to PLUS. That thickened things up for me considerably. When I listen to DVD's or DVD-A's all speakers are set to SMALL and sub defaults to YES. With the 5.1 stuff the receiver is terrific.

chrisCo

Grip
Its a bass management option on a pio 1014. System setup allows three possible selections for the sub, YES, NO, & PLUS. PLUS, I believe, sends all the below the crossover content to the sub regardless of whether or not it is part of the LFE channel. That in conjunction with setting the front speakers to large (which causes all the low frequency content to be sent to the fronts)gives my system more impact when listening to cd music. May not work for everyone and the manual almost suggests against this configuration but it helps my system.

I don't prefer it for any true multi channel content and franky could not be happier with this receiver in that respect.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd

Greg,
Nice coupon, I may have to run with this !;) What other items other than what you posted is included in the box?

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
My buddy has the 1014 and it came with microphone, remote, user manual, AM antenna, warranty cards, batteries, etc. Most crucial things are the remote, microphone and user manual. Can't remember if it came with any cables.

EricCrane

Agent
Personally I didn't like the mcacc. I felt it sounded better using my ears and not the mike.

Haven't watched a movie with my dvd player yet. Have listened to some music and feel it's an improvement over my previous yammie htr-5730 in terms of clarity and power.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Ok, I bit the bullet today and after seeing ROTS today I picked up an open box (NEW!)@ my local B/B for $200 and change, THANKS Greg Thomas for saving me 30% on this deal, Killer! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks