What's new

Pioneer 1014 Wow (1 Viewer)

Jarett

Stunt Coordinator
hey,
yah i figured it musta been clearance for the 1015. Its not a sale though its the veryday price :P.

J

CarlosGH

Stunt Coordinator
It seems that the picture quality when upconverted looks very dark. My laserdisc and especially my DirecTiVo look really dark. It is upconverted from S-Video to component. So since audio on DTV is not really an issue of surround sound, I just ran composite, LR to my 32" Sharp. Picture quality dramatically improved. Can't really do much now, I need to wait to get an AV rack so I have more room to work with.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Is this a serious question? Well, there is a microphone input under the flip-down panel on the front. The plug is just a mini-plug, so it can be accomodated just about anywhere.

Andy_A

Second Unit
just curious if Gene ended up preferring this to his HK 520 or if there was no detectable difference

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Ya, I droped the ball on this one :b . While the 1014 is awesome for movies, the 520 is my favorite for music. The sound is light and airy. Each note seems to stand out on it's own. It's also more powerfull, regardless of the specs. It's hard for me to discribe since I'm no where near a professional reviewer, but the H/K is a sweeter sound to me. Don't get me wrong though, the 1014 is hard to beat for the price. And the more I play with it the better it seems to sound. I was going to hook the 520 up again to confirm the results, but decided to leave well enough alone (the 520 is used in another room). I'd love to test drive an H/K 7300
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
! But I now have 5 avr's. Need to unload some of this stuff before I reach for that Visa card again. Again, my apologies for not following up.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I ran it on all channels and saved it to custom 1. I use custom 2 for my own settings. I've been moving my fronts around per John Garcia's suggestions so I'm going to re-run both front align and all channels sometime this weekend, if I can come to some kind of a conclusion on where to put the fronts :confused: .

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I think my Polk bookshelves sound better on the floor but conventional wisdom (and John Garcia :) among others) seem to suggest that it's the worst place to put them. Something about bad reflection and poor imaging and the like. So, I'm trying them out at different heights and angles. Up, down, in, out, sideways, backwards and anything else I can come up with. Problem is, my brother still has my favorite music disc (Boz Skaggs Live dvd concert). When I get it to sound right, all else falls into place.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
OK, I've now had 3 audio sync. issues. Eric Clapton Live in Hyde park DVD. Also ROCKY new version, and Buffy S5 R2 PAL version. Could it be the new dvd player, Zenith 318 or the amp? They are both new. Today, the issue corrected itself after I hit stop. weird. Amp is pioneer 1014. Maybe it just doesn't like the zenith? With Buffy, if I put the ep. in question in DPII, it's out, in regular Pro-Logic, it's fine.
With my old settup, JVC player and Pioneer Elite 05 amp, I NEVER had a sync issue.
Anyone else have sync issues?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread