Pioneer 1014 NO SOUND with Digital Cable channels

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by KerryKimball, Mar 7, 2005.

1. KerryKimball

KerryKimball Auditioning

ARRRGH

Spent Hours wiring up my system and now this!!!

Problem is I'm running a Sci/Atl 8000HD DVR TW cable to my Pioneer 1014 with a Digital Coaxial Audio Cable. 7.1 channel system

Everything WAS running smooth as silk since Friday until we watched a movie last night ("Garden State" which was pretty good by the way)

Switch on TV and NO SOUND/AUDIO on any channel north of 99 (meaning digital channels including 600 which is the DVR channel) If you flipped between 99 and 100 you wouild get sound then no sound.......

No idea what happened...can see the Display check to see if the signial is analog or digital as you switch channels...

I'm going to do a factory reset on the receiver when I get home to see if that helps but... ANY other Ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Kerry

2. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

I've got a SA 3100HD box from TW. Some channels just aren't in digital for me and I get no sound. For example, I get no sound from digital with MTV, but MTV2 I do get sound. I have to have the analog and digital hooked up to TV/SAT so that the receiver will automatically switch between analog and digital.

3. KerryKimball

KerryKimball Auditioning

Thanks james

But before last night I had it on Auto and it would flip between the different sources. Even if manually change to analog now NO sound from those channels...

4. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

You have to also connect the L & R (red/white) analog cables from your box to the 1014 to tv/sat (or whatever source you're using) inputs in order to get analog sound.

5. KerryKimball

KerryKimball Auditioning

Am I the only one with this problem?

Time Warner implied it was probably a Cable problem

Pioneer basically disavowed themselves from it stating "If the product performs to specs its not our problem"....

hmmm.

Connecting analog doesn't necessarily help either...

My problemis with the digital channels 100+

6. Dick Boneske

Dick Boneske Stunt Coordinator

I had a problem similar to yours with a JVC DVHS recorder connected to the 1014. When live TV was selected(has digital output), sound was OK, recorded TV (has analog output) had no sound. Problem is that the receiver prioritzes digital over analog hookups. There must have been a signal of some kind on the digital lead that fooled the receiver into selecting digital. Until I disconnected the digital (optical) lead, even switching the receiver's source to analog would not produce sound.

7. KerryKimball

KerryKimball Auditioning

Simple reboot of the Cable Box did the trick

Love this receiver...

8. John S

John S Producer

Intersting oddity for sure.... Most AVR's come with a full reset these days, as sometimes, things just get whacked out. (Computers making our lives simple.. yeah right) [​IMG]