What's new

Pioneer 1014 manual EQ how to (1 Viewer)

perryG

Auditioning
I just got a 1014 a few days ago and so far I really like it. Trying to figure out all the settings and what they do etc. I did the Auto MCACC thing and that worked ok but I can't seem to figure out how to tweak things. Every time I go in and want to change something it wants to play tones or something. I just want to tweak what is there not recalibrate everything. I have 7 speakers and no sub. The center,L&Rfronts and L&R surrounds are set to large and the small back speakers are set to small. Most of the sound was coming out of the front speakers so I want to crank up the side speakers and the rear speakers to get a little more Surround effect. I was able to crank the side speakers using the Effect/CH Select button on the remote. So where are these bias settings created and how do you set them back to default values? They were not zero before I messed with them. I raised the side speakers settings from 6 to 10db and that helped a lot. The rears were already maxed out at 10db in the default settings so I guess I can lower the front speaker volume and raise the side and rear values. I would like to boost the bass on the front speakers also since I have no sub. They do have 12" woofers so they do pretty well on the low end. I am still confused at haveing two different places to change relative speaker volume.

Perry

David Judah

Screenwriter
I recommend letting the receiver set the levels and raising the surrounds just a few dB higher, so you maintain a good balance. If the surrounds are maxed out during the MCACC calibration you might need to go in to the menu and set the system to an overall lower level. I know the 45TX I used to have had a feature that would back the entire system down 10 dB, so you would gain a little wiggle room for the surrounds. I don't have a 1014 but maybe it has a similiar setting.

For the short term, you could boost the lowest frequency EQ setting for the mains, but you want to be careful you don't set it too high and tax the amps. You could also boost the bass tone control a few clicks up, but you should really invest in a decent sub as way to get more bass reproduction long term.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks