What's new

pioneer 1014 craped out (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It would be nice if there was such a code, but I'm skeptical.

I'm still waiting on mine to return from the service center. They're not even expecting to get the part(s) in for another week+. I'll be lucky (if you want to call it that) to have it back by the end of the month. :angry:

Man, if all it takes is losing power while the receiver is on to require a lenghty trip to the service center, I'm going to be regretting the purchase of this.

Doug:M

Auditioning
bumpage.

still no codes. :frowning: looks like i have to make the drive to get this repaired.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Doug,

I hope the service center you take yours too is more efficient than mine. I'm into my 5th week without the receiver and it will probably be atleast 2 more weeks before I get it back (if I'm lucky). :angry:

Doug:M

Auditioning
wow, where are you located? i'm in Florida. hopefully it won't be the same place that you took yours too. :)

BruceFL

Auditioning
Same thing happened to me, lost power, and flashing MCACC light. I called Pioneer today to see if I could get ahold of someone who knew the reset process, if there is one, but no luck, I was told to take it in for service.

This is unbelievable. My old Pioneer took a lightning hit, and rocked on......I still can't believe this.

Hopefully there is a code, but I am also growing skeptical.

Oh, and I am in Florida. ;)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
This is starting to sound like a real defect with this Pioneer receiver, and not just an isolated incident.

BruceFL

Auditioning
Yes it is, how many of us is this already? And that is just those that found this thread......

I sure wish Steve would chime in with the magical solution.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Somebody should at least email the poster that claims there is a reset proceedure and let him know this is a real problem for many, that he may hold the key for in solving it.

I can't believe anybody would say, just call Pioneer, as we all know it is who you get at any given company these days, and not the company itself that solves issues.

henry stobbe

Auditioning
I thought I would let you all know that my first 1014 died in the same fashion. It was within about 2 months of purchase, and BB agreed to replace it. I've had this one for about 8 months and no power outages.....yet.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
It would seem that the problems that the 1014 users are experiencing aren't related to surges but to some sort of defects in the units.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Chu Gai,

I agree. I don't think I had a power surge because no other equipment was damaged and the surge suppressor wasn't tripped.

The power simply went out while the receiver was on and when the power came back on the MCACC light was flashing and it refused to power up.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
It's a pretty weird thing when your receiver goes on the fritz and needs a service call just because power was interrupted momentarily. I don't know if this behavior is peculiar to certain production runs or is inherent in the model. Adventurous souls with a 1014 could always yank the plug while the unit was on and report back :D.

As far as nothing else being damaged Bryan, that might've been a coincidence. Now if it turns out that your equipment was all plugged into the surge protector but your incoming cable wasn't, then that might've been the back door through which a surge could've entered.

I've got a post over in the Tweaks area that talks about surges and argues in favor of a whole house unit as the primary means that a homeowner, especially one who lives in an area that has a lot of cloud to ground lighting activity.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The incoming cable wasn't going thru the surge supressor (I know, I know :)), it goes directly to the cable box. The cable box wasn't affected at all.

I just don't think this damage was from any kind of power surge.

henry stobbe

Auditioning
I have no surge protector and all other equipment was fine after a short power outage.

I think I might look for a back-up power supply for the 1014, and maybe my Toshiba 57hdx T.V.

Any suggestions?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
If that's the way you want to go, then look for UPS's that output sine waves (call up their tech service) with low THD.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Well, here's an update on the adventures with my 1014.

Just a recap. I took it to the authorized service center on May 14. After they sat on it for a week, the part ordered was supposed to be in before the end of May. That time came and passed and then they told me the part wouldn't be in until June 25!

So today being the 24th I thought I'd call and get an update. Now the back-ordered part from Pioneer isn't supposed to be in until July 1.

I'm totally ticked off now. I understand the service center is just waiting on Pioneer so I decided to give Pioneer a call. The first lady I talked to was completely useless and I thanked her for nothing and hung up on her. I called back (hoping I wouldn't get her again) and a different, friendly, lady answered.

I told her my story and while I didn't get the instant satisfaction I wanted (was it too much to hope for a new one shipped out to me today ;)), she was nice enough. She gave me a case number and said that they would call the service center to see what they have done to my receiver so far and that they would also talk to the parts department at Pioneer to see if they could expedite the part needed. If not, they would see what other option they could do to satisfy me.

They said it would be within 3-5 business days that they would get back with me. So that puts it close to the July 1 date anyway. But I would guess that July 1 would come and pass with no part, if I did nothing.

She did ask me what happened to the receiver. I told her about power being cut to it while it was on and the MCACC flashing. So they've got this in their records. It would be good if anyone else here having this problem called them too, just so Pioneer has more instances of this defect on record.

This is frustrating because I haven't watched a movie now in 6 weeks!

I'll keep you guys posted.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
I don't think I will be touching a Pioneer receiver anytime soon...... Bryan, I feel your frustration and anger. Good luck in getting it resolved!

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

I feel your pain (my Yamaha is in intensive care right now, and it could go either way. I hope I don't have to pull the plug), but this is why I keep an old Pro-Logic receiver on hand. It's actually not half-bad. :)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I suppose I could pull out an old movie that was theatrically released in mono! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks