Pioneer 1014 and 1015 the same?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Rolando, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

Feb 19, 2001

I was in the market for a new amp a few months ago and was about to buy the 1014.

Last minute got talked into the 814 to save some $ since it was a small room and got small book shelf speakers.

However I have not stopped wishing for the 1014. I have all my stuff hooked to the 814 so I am missing that upconversion to component that the 1014 did.

Would not mind the extra power and I have not used the MACC features as I have no clue how to. Apparently I missed out on AUTO MACC (or is it MCAA?) from the 1014.

So the big question is: is the 1015 the same unit?

I am thinking of selling my 4 month old amp to get the 1014 but looks like it has been replaced with the 1015.

now the 1015 seems to retail for less. should I be worried? what has been changed? should I look for the 1014 instead?

thanks in advance for the help!

PS, is this still the "hot unit" to get? or should I be looking at something else altogether?
  2. Glenn Clemente

Glenn Clemente Auditioning

Apr 30, 2005
    Apart from the THX Select2 cert, Windows Media format decoding, and a 3rd
    Component Video input, as I understand it, the 1015 and the 1014 are virtually the same
    (apparently, so too are the amp sections, whereby the two were spec'd and rated diffently)_

If you don't care for the above *upgraded* features, simply get whichever one that you can get from a better deal.

I got my 1014 from Centre Hi-Fi for around $620 (not incl. tax) right before Christmas.
    I saw the 1014 at Best Buy in Marché Centrale for, iirc, $599 back in mid-June.
    Lowest I saw the 1014 was $539 (as of last Tuesday) at a close-out liquidation place on Royalmount
    (off Décarie and de la Savane) - don't know if they're Pioneer authorized...
  3. Oachalon

Oachalon Stunt Coordinator

Apr 23, 2002
    i just got a 1015tx open box from one call for 350. Not sure if they have any more and the thing looked like a brand new unit. Not one scratch still had new electronics smell. Looked brand new and works great.