What's new

Pioneer 1014 and 1015 the same? (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hi guys,

I was in the market for a new amp a few months ago and was about to buy the 1014.

Last minute got talked into the 814 to save some $ since it was a small room and got small book shelf speakers.

However I have not stopped wishing for the 1014. I have all my stuff hooked to the 814 so I am missing that upconversion to component that the 1014 did.

Would not mind the extra power and I have not used the MACC features as I have no clue how to. Apparently I missed out on AUTO MACC (or is it MCAA?) from the 1014.

So the big question is: is the 1015 the same unit?

I am thinking of selling my 4 month old amp to get the 1014 but looks like it has been replaced with the 1015.

now the 1015 seems to retail for less. should I be worried? what has been changed? should I look for the 1014 instead?

thanks in advance for the help!

PS, is this still the "hot unit" to get? or should I be looking at something else altogether?

Glenn Clemente

Auditioning
Apart from the THX Select2 cert, Windows Media format decoding, and a 3rd
Component Video input, as I understand it, the 1015 and the 1014 are virtually the same
(apparently, so too are the amp sections, whereby the two were spec'd and rated diffently)_

If you don't care for the above *upgraded* features, simply get whichever one that you can get from a better deal.

I got my 1014 from Centre Hi-Fi for around $620 (not incl. tax) right before Christmas.
I saw the 1014 at Best Buy in Marché Centrale for, iirc, $599 back in mid-June.
Lowest I saw the 1014 was $539 (as of last Tuesday) at a close-out liquidation place on Royalmount
(off Décarie and de la Savane) - don't know if they're Pioneer authorized...

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
i just got a 1015tx open box from one call for 350. Not sure if they have any more and the thing looked like a brand new unit. Not one scratch still had new electronics smell. Looked brand new and works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks